Monday, May 2, 2011

time

I told myself that I can start panicking about lack of time once these events occurred:
1. Rotary kids moved onto their last host families (they get 3 for the entire year and switch every 4 months)
2. My dad comes to Switzerland
3. My host sister comes home from her exchange in Malta
4. My real sister finishes her exchange in France

Here's the problem. Rotary kids have already started to switch to their last families. My dad is coming to Switzerland in 3 weeks. My host sister is coming home right around the same time my dad will get here. And my sister goes home in 1 month.
I have 68 more days in this beautiful country. 68 more days to be with my best friends and my family, 68 more days to speak and listen to french everyday. Everyone told me how hard an exchange year would be. I was prepared for the homesickness, the language barrier, the unfamiliarity of it all. But no one warned me how hard it would be to leave. And it scares me that it's still 10 weeks away and i'm already panicking about it. It's 1am and I have to be awake in 5 hours for school, but I can't shut my brain off. I can't stop thinking about what the month of July will bring for me. How am I supposed to completely leave this life I've built?

No comments:

Post a Comment