Monday, May 9, 2011

Mylisha is another exchangie in Fribourg who comes from San Francisco and last week her mom and aunt visited her for a few days. Her aunt is also going to be hosting my host brother Maxime next year, so Mylisha came over to my house with her family so we could talk a bit. When Max wasn't with us Mylisha's aunt asked what Max was really like and all of a sudden I just listed off a bunch of tiny little things. The fact that he won't eat food if it was anywhere near shrimp, he claims to eat olives but secretly picks them out of his food, he'll only eat salad if he's forced to do so, and he would eat Reese's all day if he could. Every question she asked I was capable of answering, whether it came to hobbies or school or just general household stuff. Sylvie (my host mom) just kind of looked at me and said "I guess you guys really are brother and sister now." and it's so true. We fight over everything, like who gets to sit in the front seat or who gets the last piece of bread, he steals my ipod and will raid my room in search of american gum and reese's (they don't sell them in switzerland) It's the small things like that that I'm going to miss. The little details that you don't even realize you know until someone asks.
In Lugano with Maxime and Guillaume

No comments:

Post a Comment