Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm slowly starting to get all of my stuff together. I'm not exactly packing yet, I refuse to take out my suitcase, but I'm trying to organize my life a little bit. I've been throwing out papers all week, stupid stuff from school, random lists I don't need anymore, clothes that no longer fit, empty bottles that I thought I wanted to save and the list goes on and on. This is definitely a challenging task, but I feel like it's also rather beneficial to see exactly what I consider important in my life. yes, I love saving small souvenirs of my life such as receipts and magazine pictures or stolen shot glasses. But is it really essential? Is it really worth the space and weight that it will take up in my suitcase? I feel like once a year I should try to fit my entire life into a suitcase, that way I can get rid of all the stupid stuff I think I need but really don't.
Right before I left for Switzerland I found out my mom would be moving to a new house while I would be here, so I took the time to pack up my entire room into cardboard boxes to get sent to the new house. I think I had 7 boxes sitting in my room when I left for Switzerland, 7 boxes worth of stuff that I consider to be extremely important in my life. But I've lived without that stuff for an entire year, and I can't stop wondering what is inside of those boxes. I know I have a lot of books and scrapbooks, but what else did I think was necessary to save? Unpacking those boxes and getting settled into my new room will definitely make my return more stressful, but I'm actually slightly excited to unpack each box and see if I still consider everything to be as essential as I did before.

2 comments:

  1. stolen shot glasses --> makes me think about that time we stole some shot glasses, at least i think it was you, they had skulls on them from the hipster bar, that night of absinthe? was that you? HAHAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah, i definitely have 2 skull shot glasses... oh hipster bar, where would we be without it?

    ReplyDelete