Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ironique

About 2 weeks before my departure for Switzerland, I changed my mind. I didn't want to come here, I didn't want to leave my friends and family behind. I had a marvelous life and spent my days with amazing people.
Now, about 2 weeks before my departure for America, I've changed my mind. I don't want to leave. I don't want to go back to the small bubble of Bay Village. I've got amazing friends who've kept me alive and an even more amazing family who've shown me how wonderful Switzerland is.
Kind of ironic, isn't it?
Sometimes I don't even know what I'm supposed to be feeling. At times all I want to do is leave this place, because I promise, I honestly do miss my friends and family. But then I think of how small my life was before Switzerland. I've been with the same people since I was born and it's been so nice to get away. I've figured out who I am here, and I've become so much more honest with myself and others. I'm surrounded by culture and I'm with people from all over the world. I have the entire country of Switzerland to explore, I take trains almost everyday, just trying to discover a new part of the country. Today I went to France by boat, wanna know why? Because I can! I have so much freedom here, and then I start to think about going home... I have to find a job, I have to start college, I have to study and work hard to become successful. I'm already stressed just thinking about it, a to-do list has already been forming in my head for weeks. So why leave a place where I have no stress and am completely comfortable? Because I miss my friends. I miss my family. I miss boating on Lake Erie and eating Taco Bell at 2am. I miss aimlessly driving around and blasting my music. I just hope that when everything else returns to normal, I can still remember everything I learned this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment