Monday, January 3, 2011

Bonne Année!

Happy 2011 Everyone!

I brought in the new year with such a marvelous night :) I'm tellin ya, this new year's is going down in history! I was with my best friends here and we just had an amazing time. We all had dinner at Whitney's house then afterwards we went to a club in town for the countdown. and it was in english, which i found bizarre, because I was actually looking forward to counting down in french. fail. but anywaysss, afterwards I went back home with Grace, Mylisha and Jess and we attempted to sleep. But my marvelous host brother decided to have a party. Grace and I stayed up until 7am, so we actually watched the ball drop online, which made me pretty happy! So we got 2 new year's instead of one :) We slept for about 2 hours then spent the day bumming around my house doing nothing. My host parents are out of town and all of our food got eaten during the party, so I spent the rest of my weekend at Grace's so I could be fed. Tonight Grace and I are sleeping at my house so we can wake up bright and early to go to Turkey tomorrow morning!
I love how independent I've become over here. I was skyping with my darling mother, and told her that Grace and I would be home alone tonight at my house and she asked how we were supposed to get to the airport if my parents aren't here. And for me the answer is so obvious, with the train of course! I don't even consider taking a car anymore, but for you crazy americans you probably can't even think about living without your car. I thought the same thing before I came over, "how will I survive a year without driving?!" and yeah, sometimes I miss aimlessly driving down I-90 blasting my favorite CD's, but in all honesty I love the trains, and I know I'll miss them. I know all the schedules for my regular destinations and they've become such a normal thing in my daily life. and it's just marvelous!
anywayssss, I'm severely lacking sleep so I should at least attempt a little cat nap before I jet off to Turkey tomorrow morning! ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment