Friday, April 8, 2011

As of today I have been living my life in Switzerland for exactly 33 weeks. . Which leaves me exactly 3 months left. I use to be so excited to go home. When I went to the airport in January with all the Aussie's who were going home, I was jealous of them. Jealous that they had already completed their entire year and got to go home, when I hadn't even made it to my half way point.
Well, the halfway mark has come and gone and every day I dread the future a little bit more. Because the problem is, each day in Switzerland is getting a little bit better. New adventures are arising, the weather is getting warmer and easter break is in the near future. Each day I get a little bit happier, but each day I get closer to July 8th. I made a countdown on my calendar in the beginning of January, but even then, I couldn't write anything for the 8th. It just has a very small zero in the corner, reminding me that time will eventually run out. I don't even know what I would write in that little box... Home? That doesn't seem right to me. When I return to Ohio I will be moving into a house that I've never slept in. I have to set up my room, unpack boxes and adjust myself into a house I've never lived in before. I won't know where the plates are, where we keep the spare key, or how to load the dishwasher. And of course, I went through all of that last year while moving to Switzerland, so it's not like I can't do it again. But the thing is, this is my home now. Can you honestly leave home and go home at the same time?

1 comment:

  1. it's weird, but you can leave home while going home at the same time. i do it every time i go back to bay for the weekend. it's weird but you can do it! just think how lucky you are to have multiple places to call home.

    ReplyDelete