Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Life's good.

Not really sure how to describe it, but I think I've finally reached that point where I'm just extremely content with my life in Switzerland. It took me a lot longer than other exchangies, but now that I'm there, I'm so happy! I've stopped missing the aspects of home that at one point made me horribly homesick. because the thing is, although those people and places are still missing from my life, I still have so much going for me. I've made amazing friends who have taught me so much, and they make up for the things from home that I'm lacking. Today I went over to Meredith's house (another exchangie from the US) and we messed around on her piano for literally 2 hours. I don't necessarily consider myself being talented on the piano, but it's something I've always fiddled with at home. For the past 7 months I've been trying to find a piano to play, and what do you know, it was right in front of me! It brought back memories of my life in Bay, playing songs that my mom taught me or ones my sister and I would try to play together. But it wasn't sad, if anything it made me happy to have those forgotten memories back in my mind. Afterwards, I went out to eat with my family at our favorite restaurant in town. The owner is a family friend and when I walked in he greeted me by singing Michelle Ma Belle and then said "it's good to be home, right?" because we seriously eat there every week and I've been 3 times in the past 5 days. I can greet the waitresses by name and can order without even glancing at a menu, because the truth is, it is home. Maybe not the restaurant specifically, but just Fribourg. I came over here completely alone and never imagined I was capable of creating a world I would love.

No comments:

Post a Comment