Tuesday, March 22, 2011

la folie de voyager

The past couple of days I've gotten the opportunity to do a bit of traveling around europe! Last weekend I popped on over to Milan, Italy with Mylisha for the day. It's only a 3 hour train ride from our town, so we figured it was a good way to spend our saturday. While there I've decided after I master french (it will happen, I swear.) I will learn Italian!




The Duomo in the center of Milan


Free hugs in the train station <3 data-blogger-escaped-div="">






For St. Patrick's Day I went to Dublin, Ireland for a couple of days. For those of you who know the awesome travel writer Rick Steves, he has a son Andy who does weekend trips in Europe for people studying abroad. The program is called WSA (weekend student adventures) and each weekend he goes to a different city and organizes trips for college students. He has programs in Prague, Dublin, Paris, London, Swiss Alps, Rome and Barcelona. If you're ever studying abroad in Europe, I highly suggest you check out his program, because it was amazing.

The Liffey River that runs through the streets of Dublin



Learning to play the Irish national sport of Hurling! (not my idea of a good time...)



Our awesome Irish tour guide Stephen and Andy Steves!



Waiting for the parade to start with my roommates and our tour guide



Roommates out on the town!



The whole gang



Roommates!



They filmed scenes of PS I Love You near here


I met so many awesome people and had 4 jam packed days of fun! We had VIP tickets to the parade, toured the Guinness factory and got a bus tour out into the countryside. Going there was the best decision I've made so far this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment