Saturday, December 25, 2010

joyeux noël!

The planets have aligned and all is fantastic with my life!
In Switzerland the 24th is more of the day to celebrate christmas, so all day we've been doing presents and eating and bonding with family. the whole 9 yards. I was expecting homesickness, but it's the complete opposite! I'm so frickin happy right now to be where I am, and I am so thankful for everything I have in Switzerland. I'm leaving in 30 minutes to go sing at the midnight mass with my choir, and then after that I'm off clubbing for the evening. (Still a little confused about Swiss nightlife... but no complaints!)
Perhaps I'm also freakishly happy because I will be reunited with my one and only soul sister in AMSTERDAM! Potentially. See heres the thing, the band Matt & Kim are playing in Amsterdam in March, so obviously I'm planning a trip to go see them. and it just so happens to be around the same time my darling sister is flying over to study in france for the spring. So the most logical thing is that she flies to Amsterdam first for a little family reunion. I AM SO EXCITED!
Right now everything is how I imagined it to be. Life with my host family is fantastic, I had a marvelous christmas with lots of presents and money (yessss!) my french is slowly improving, and I'm just very content right now :) I have a marvelous life here, and yes, I do miss my american life, but it's hard to be unhappy when I have so much going for me. I hope everyone has a fantastic christmas with lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment