Monday, December 20, 2010

Find the joy in your life

I'm going to take a brief moment to brag about the awesomeness of my life.
- In 2 weeks I am flying to Istanbul, Turkey with Grace so we can visit my cousin Sarah who is studying there
- In April I am going to Croatia for a week with my class
- In June I am going to Barcelona for a long weekend with my host family

AFS stressed the point that this is a "cultural experience" and not a travel experience. But not gonna lie, I really wanted to study abroad for the travel aspect. Yes, I love being in a town and learning the language and experiencing the culture, but I came here with a pretty strong intention of traveling and I've been very fortunate to get these experiences. I love making lists, so of course I have my Life List that I've been working on since I was 14. Since being in Switzerland I've managed to cross off 5 things on my list:

7. Go to London
33. See someone famous (Gaga)
42. See the London Eye
49. Study abroad
83. Go to Platform 9 and 3/4 (yes, that actually was on my life list...)

by the end of my exchange I'm also hoping to accomplish the following:

65. Go to Venice (I want to go so frickin bad!!)
67. Learn a foreign language (slowly but surely!)
72. Go to Spain (This will be accomplished in June)
88. Ski in the Swiss Alps (Just bought my skis this week, so it's coming soon)
91. Travel east of Switzerland (I've been to a lot of western european countries, but have never gone west, but that's what Turkey is for)

So basically all I have to say for now is that I'm extremely happy I decided to come to Switzerland :)

No comments:

Post a Comment