Sunday, October 31, 2010

tu vis seulement une fois

Bonjour!
I've been on a 2 week break from school (not exactly sure why...) but it's been really nice because I've caught up on some much needed sleep and have gotten the opportunity to sleep in until 1 in the afternoon :)
Besides London I didn't really do anything too exciting during my time off, which was kind of nice, because I'm always a fan of some quality lounging time. I've gone out with my host brothers a few times and just spent some time with their friends, which is always pretty amusing. I've spent a lot of time at Grace's house because her host mom is always so welcoming and always excited to see me. Grace and I had an american evening where we made some Kraft Mac and Cheese, which tasted so good! She also has a hot tub, so we've spent a lot of time there too :) I've also gotten to know a few kids who are studying in Switzerland with Rotary, so I've hung out with them a lot too, which has been pretty fun. Yesterday I went out with my friend Andrew and we just wandered the streets of Fribourg for 3 hours doing absolutely nothing, yet still managed to have a fantastic time :) Last night I went to Zurich to see my friend Aurelia, which was fantastic! We watched Hocus Pocus, which was our tradition in Bay Village, so we felt it was necessary to repeat since we're finally in the same country again! Tomorrow I'm going to Luzern with some other exchange students, and we're going to attempt to celebrate halloween... because sadly it's not too widely recognized here :( and that will pretty much wrap up my weekend and it's back to school on tuesday.
I've been in Switzerland for 10 weeks now, and I can't decide if that's short or long. I was talking to Grace about this, and she made a fabulous point. We've been in Switzerland for 10 weeks and have already accomplished so much. We have a (mild) understanding of the language, we have a family, a home, friends and a normal life in Switzerland. When I really think about it, majority of the people here don't really know me.. they've only been in my life for a little over 2 months. But now I can't even picture my life without them. I'm so use to walking downstairs and seeing Sylvie cooking in the kitchen, and Guillaume lounging in front of the TV and the familiar sound as Maxime comes home on his scooter. These people are my life now, and I will be eternally thankful for how willing they have brought me into their family. And this is only after 2 months! I can't even imagine the relationship we will have by the end of my year here. I have everything I could have wished for here and it's still just the beginning! With each passing day I know it's just going to get so much better. I'll meet new people and explore new places and each day I'll understand and speak a little more french, and I'm so excited to watch my life improve and change to become something so much better!
Bonne Nuit et bisous à tous!

No comments:

Post a Comment