Friday, September 24, 2010

Harry... tu es un sorcier.



Ok so where to begin? Let's go back to last Thursday when I went to the Cailler chocolate factory with my french class! There are 8 of us in the class, and our teacher Cécile wanted to take us out to celebrate the end of our french class, and what better way to celebrate than with chocolate! We took a bus about 25 minutes, and then we took a small train until we got to the factory. Overall it was pretty boring, because it was a museum about how the company started, and i'm just not big on history.... but the end made up for the boring tour because there were SAMPLES! One of my personal favorite things in the world! We walked into a room that was just filled with tons of little chocolates and you could eat as much as you wanted. It was literally my heaven :) When is it chocolate time for you?





Friday was my last day of french class, which was actually pretty sad, because I was finally getting adjusted and having fun with the other kids in my class. and sadly the majority of them don't live near Fribourg, so it will be pretty hard to see them this year. We spent our last day painting... I don't really know why. We were supposed to paint something about our journey in Switzerland or something like that. I didn't fully understand the assignment... So yeah, this is my painting!

My french class <3>



Friday night I went to Bern to meet up with a bunch of AFSers from all over Switzerland! It was really fun because I got to see some of the Americans that I flew over with and I got to meet a lot of new people. We spent the night wandering the streets of Bern and attempting to find good clubs, which was pretty amusing :) The picture on the right is of me and Grace in Bern, and she is basically the only reason I have stayed sane these past 5 weeks. I think I've mentioned her a little bit, but just in case i'll fill you in. Grace is from Maine and we met in NYC right before we took off for Switzerland. Her host family is related to my host family (our host brother's are cousins) and on the first day my host parents actually took Grace to our house because her family couldn't pick her up from the airport. Grace and I live about 20 minutes away and we went to french classes together for the past 4 weeks. We freakishly have a lot in common including music, books (she likes Sarah Dessen!) movies, and food. Practically everyday we discover something else we have in common, which is so bizarre, but extremely comforting at the same time! We try to keep each other happy, because we've both had a lot of trouble with homesickness, so it's good that we have each other or else this would be a lot harder!



Saturday I went over to my host cousin Jeanne's (pronounced Jen) house and we made cupcakes! As the world has probably figured out, I love baking, so it was a pretty quality time! They were the most intense cupcakes I've ever made, and they were delicious!







Tuesday night I went to a Fribourg hockey game with my host parents, which was surprisingly very enjoyable, especially because I'm not usually big on sports. My host dad is highly influential to the hockey team, i'm not exactly sure how, but my family knows the whole team and we had special passes and stuff. So beforehand we went to a special cookout with a bunch of people who help fund the hockey team, which was pretty fun. I met a guy who reminded me a lot of my uncle's friend (John Dude's friend Jack) so if you know Jack, then you'll know that this guy was pretty fun! We had fantabulous mashed potatoes (my favorite) and lots of wine, and then went off to the game! We had really good seats, and the atmosphere inside the arena was amazing! There were about 7,000 people inside all cheering for Fribourg and they had a lot of songs and chants, which was pretty amusing. Sylvie was hilarious because she was so excited about the game and got so into it! Since she knows all the players she was telling me about them, for example, who she found the most attractive... haha so we had a pretty good time! After each period we would go have a drink and then come back for the next part of the game! It was so fast paced so it was easy for me to stay interested, and in the end we won, so overall it was a pretty good night!



This was an extremely long post, so I'll update later about school. It's windy and rainy, which is the perfect reading weather, so I'm going to get back to Harry Potter in french :) But I'll leave you with this: If you don't get chills at 1:30, there's something wrong with you...



**hmm that video didn't work out like I planned... but at least you can enjoy the left side of the trailer!

No comments:

Post a Comment