Monday, July 4, 2011

stress

I'm having flashbacks to 11 months ago when I packed up my life to move to Switzerland. But when I did that last summer I had the option of leaving things behind and returning to it in a year. But now I have to fit everything into 2 suitcases, and anything left behind means I'll never see it again. There's not enough room, there's too much weight and I have way too much stuff. I've been really good about getting rid of stuff, but it's still so stressful. I'm worried that the scales at the airport will be different and my bags will suddenly be overweight. I'm worried that they won't qualify my massive bag as a carry-on item. I just want to shove my one way ticket to america in their face just to prove that I'm not coming back and beg for some leeway.
But minus the stresses of packing, I've really been enjoying these past few weeks! I've gone peddle boating in lausanne and swam in the lake. I went boating on lake zurich and went tubing for the first time since last summer. I've been spending my days laying out in the sun, swimming in our pool and relaxing in the park. I feel like right now we're just in an awkward in between zone. We know the end is coming, but we still have to act normal. I've accepted the fact that I'm leaving behind this marvelous life, and I'm actually getting really excited to go home, but I almost wish it would come sooner (although 4 days is pretty soon.) I just hate waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment